Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Happy Feet

Today was the baptism of Edward Franklin and what a wondrous occasion it was. It was incredible to feel of the spirit of Brother Franklin as he was baptized. His story is quite an amazing one too. He wrote down his testimony and a little bit of his story and so here it is:

I lived a good life, but there was still something incomplete about my state of being. I discovered my life wasn’t whole, nor was I living up to my full potential. Something told me to wait for a sign, because I felt that I was still here on earth for a good reason. The problem was that I didn’t have a clue as to what that reason was. Just under 2 months ago, Elder Millett and Miller appeared at my front door and ask me if I had a moment to spare. I said yes and we have met every week since then. They explained their mission and gave me guidance with understanding the gospel. Thanks to their persistence and honesty, I have chosen to follow in the same path, to live according to the scripture and to obey our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, our savior. My life is now full of joy, hope and happiness. My intention is to share this with all of my Brothers and Sisters. And February 26th shall be a joyous day, because that is the day of my Baptism and beginning of my new life. A Beautiful Day it shall be.     

It was truly a Beautiful Day. He was so excited that he said he had 'Happy Feet'. Brother Franklin loves the Gospel and is so excited to be a new member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He also says this about the change that he has undergone:

 I am a living witness to the fact that you stated that my life would change and the people have spoken. The people that I worked with years ago stated that I looked as though I had stopped aging. When you are living righteously and have complete faith in God’s plan, this is the end product. I feel good.

Keep feeling good Brother Franklin because the Lord is definitely well pleased with you and has a lot of wonderful blessings in store for you.

4 comments:

  1. I love Brother Franklin...and his happy feet! I remember meeting him the first time and his feet were so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your great work! I appreciate his testimony. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to read this--I can see brother franklin's happy feet.I am glad for him, and all the blessings the gospel of Jesus christ will bring his way. I am so glad that Brother Franklin has been baptized.

    Gustavo and Brigita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isaiah 52:7 - "How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!"

    ReplyDelete