Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Name of Salvation: Jesus Christ

"We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel"
     In 2 Nephi 31:21 it states,"There is none other way nor name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God". It is only because Jesus Christ came here to this earth, suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane, died on the Cross, and was resurrected on the third morning that we are able to be saved. He is the only one that can save us. The wonderful and neat thing is that it is already done. If we follow his teachings and do what he wants us to do, believing on his name, there is nothing holding us back from the kingdom of God at all. It is one of the most comforting feelings that you can ever have. We can choose to change ourselves and when we choose to change ourselves by being obedient to His laws and ordinances, we choose to follow Christ to obtain salvation.

3 comments:

  1. Day after day I find a new way I can apply the atonement into my life. It is such a huge blessing in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The more I learn about the Atonement the more I come to realize I don't understand it. It is the most incredible act of love ever! So much to try and comprehend and I am ever grateful for it in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The atonement is real, may we all use it in our lives

    www.elderbevan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete